Finding aid for the Links of Cleveland, Incorporated Records


Title:
Links of Cleveland, Incorporated Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Links of Cleveland, Incorporated
Dates:
1946-1991
Quantity:
3.40 linear feet (4 containers)
Abstract:
The Links of Cleveland Incorporated was established in 1950 as a local chapter of a national non-profit, non-partisan volunteer organization of African American women. Beginning with its first president, Rosalind Garvin, the organization committed to educational, cultural, social, and civic activities to raise funds for charitable causes. Recipients of this fundraising have included the Cleveland National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); Karamu House; the Eliza Bryant Home; Forest City Hospital; the Jewish Welfare Fund; and, the Phillis Wheatley Association. The collection consists of administrative files, correspondence, budgets, financial records, minutes, memoranda, membership lists, newsletters, reports, programs, press releases, subject files, statements, histories, bylaws, guest books, handbooks, publications, transcripts, articles of incorporation, agendas, project files, and presidential files.
Identification:
MS 4845
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English