Finding aid for the Knights of Equity Records


Title:
Knights of Equity Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Knights of Equity
Dates:
1896-1998
Bulk dates:
1945-1998
Quantity:
0.20 linear feet (1 container)
Abstract:
The Knights of Equity is a Roman Catholic Irish social group first established in Cleveland, Ohio, as the Knights of Equity Supreme Council. It then grew into a national organization. The Cleveland group was active from 1895 to 1905. Three courts were founded in Cleveland, one of which eventually had 5,000 members. After 1905, the group disintegrated in Cleveland, but continued to grow in other cities. In 1954, bylaws first included women in the organization. In 1960, the National Daughters of Erin were officially accepted by the Knights as an auxiliary. The collection consists of copies of the articles of incorporation, constitution and bylaws, ritual and installation ceremony program, an anniversary booklet, and miscellaneous newsletter copies.
Identification:
MS 4834
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English