Finding aid for the Brandeis University National Women's Committee, Cleveland Chapter Records


Title:
Brandeis University National Women's Committee, Cleveland Chapter Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Brandeis University National Women's Committee, Cleveland Chapter
Dates:
1960-1992
Quantity:
1.60 linear feet (1 container and 7 oversize volumes)
Abstract:
The Brandeis University National Women's Committee, Cleveland Chapter, was established shortly after the founding of Brandeis University in 1948. The University's Women's Committee was comprised of over one hundred local chapters, whose mission was to maintain the University's libraries. The local Cleveland, Ohio, chapter raised funds through a variety of events, membership fees, and book fund contributions. Study groups within the Cleveland chapter emphasized members' continuing education through meetings with visiting Brandeis professors. The collection consists of scrapbooks, bulletins, programs, membership rosters, newspaper clippings, and photographs.
Identification:
MS 4716
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English