Finding aid for the Anshe Chesed Congregation Records, Series II


Title:
Anshe Chesed Congregation Records, Series II
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Anshe Chesed Congregation
Dates:
1905-1993
Bulk dates:
1952-1993
Quantity:
7.00 linear feet (6 containers and 6 oversize volumes)
Abstract:
Anshe Chesed is the oldest existing Jewish congregation in Cleveland, Ohio. It was established in 1841 when 30 members seceded from the Israelitic Society of Cleveland. The two congregations merged again in 1845 under the name Israelitic Anshe Chesed Society of Cleveland. It is also popularly known as Fairmount Temple, reflecting its current location on Fairmount Boulevard in Beachwood, Ohio. The collection consists of minutes, reports, bulletins, correspondence, programming records, and publicity materials. Included are the Jordan Band papers, an attorney who served Anshe Chesed as a vice president, member of the Board of Trustees, and in other leadership capacities. Records of the Men's Club and the Sisterhood are also included.
Identification:
MS 4709
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English