Finding aid for the Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland Records


Title:
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
Dates:
1839-1982
Bulk dates:
1901-1979
Quantity:
44.30 linear feet (61 containers)
Abstract:
The Jewish Community Federation is a central policy making and fundraising agency for the Jewish community of Cleveland, Ohio, which traces its origin to the Federation of the Jewish Charities of Cleveland (founded 1903). The Federation of the Jewish Charities of Cleveland changed its name to the Jewish Welfare Federation of Cleveland in 1926, and in 1930, added a fundraising arm, the Jewish Welfare Fund of Cleveland. In 1951 the Jewish Welfare Federation merged with the Jewish Community Council to become the Jewish Community Federation. The collection consists of correspondence, trustee and committee minutes and reports, annual reports, surveys, membership lists, newspaper clippings, publications, research papers, and scrapbooks. The collection also includes material pertaining to the Federation and its antecedents, as well as to local, national, and international organizations with which the Federation was involved; and subjects of concern to the local Jewish community including the Jewish Welfare Fund. Also, there are numerous surveys, as well as a wide range of material relating to local, national, and international Jewish history.
Identification:
MS 4563
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English