Finding aid for the Newburgh, Ohio, Records


Title:
Newburgh, Ohio, Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Newburgh, Ohio
Dates:
1815-1915
Quantity:
5.00 linear feet (4 containers and 9 oversize volumes)
Abstract:
Newburgh Township was organized in 1814, near Cleveland, Ohio. Between 1823 and 1914 portions of Newburgh were annexed to Cleveland, East Cleveland, Independence, Garfield Heights and Newburgh Heights. The collection consists of town books containing minutes of meetings of electors and trustees, election results, court dockets, copies of receipts and petitions; school fund records (1883-1889); treasurers' books (1839-1890); election pollbooks and tally sheets (1843-1866, 1893-1915); township clerks' records; petitions, mortgages, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, bonds, receipts; and notes on the political history of Newburgh compiled by Henry H. Bohning, township clerk at the turn of the century.
Identification:
MS 3058
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English