Finding aid for the Cleveland Baptist Union Records


Title:
Cleveland Baptist Union Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Cleveland Baptist Union
Dates:
1867-1890
Quantity:
0.61 linear feet (2 containers and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract:
The Cleveland Baptist Union (f. 1869) was an organization of various Baptist churches in Cleveland, Ohio, and the surrounding area. The purpose of the organization was to raise money to meet the financial needs and operating expenses of the member institutions. The organization changed its name to the Cleveland Baptist City Mission Society in 1894 and merged with the larger Cleveland Baptist Association in 1920. The collection consists of documents of incorporation, constitutions, minutes, annual reports, membership lists, financial records, deeds, programs for anniversary celebrations, correspondence, news clippings, committee reports, insurance records, miscellaneous items.
Identification:
MS 4151
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English