Finding aid for the Cleveland Cinema Club Records


Title:
Cleveland Cinema Club Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Cleveland Cinema Club
Dates:
1927-1968
Quantity:
1.20 linear feet (3 containers and 1 oversize volume)
Abstract:
The Cleveland Cinema Club was founded in 1917 in Cleveland, Ohio, to study motion pictures and their effects on society. The club rated films, monitored legislation, and helped organize film appreciation groups. The collection consists of membership applications, minutes, financial records, an attendance register, correspondence, a publicity scrapbook, miscellaneous printed matter, and plans for motion picture festivals in 1938 and 1939.
Identification:
MS 3551
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English