Finding aid for the Baldwin-Wallace College Records


Title:
Baldwin-Wallace College Records
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Baldwin-Wallace College
Dates:
1913-1958
Quantity:
1.60 linear feet (4 containers)
Abstract:
Baldwin Wallace College is a Methodist-affiliated liberal arts college in Berea, Ohio. It was founded in 1837 as the Berea Seminary, a part of the Lyceum Community commune. In 1846 it was chartered as the Baldwin Institute and in 1855 it became Baldwin University. Its German Department (est. 1857) withdrew to form German Wallace College in 1863. In 1913 the two schools merged as Baldwin-Wallace College. The collection consists of a copy of the memorandum of agreement and articles of incorporation uniting Baldwin University and German Wallace College, minutes of the Trustees and the Executive and Investment committees, annual reports of the president, financial statements, budgets, treasurer's reports, departmental reports, correspondence, schedules, lists of donors, by-laws, and two surveys.
Identification:
MS 3604
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English