Finding aid for the East End Neighborhood House Photographs


Title:
East End Neighborhood House Photographs
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
East End Neighborhood House
Dates:
1910-1963
Quantity:
0.20 linear feet (1 container)
Abstract:
The East End Neighborhood House was Founded in 1907, by Hedwig Kosbob, as a sewing school in a predominantly Hungarian and Slovak neighborhood of Cleveland, Ohio. It was incorporated in 1910. By 1914 it began cultural and recreational programs, and by the Depression it grew into a full service community center, adding such services as day care nurseries, Americanization classes, and aid to Japanese Americans relocated to Cleveland during World War II. The collection consists of unmounted photographs of activities at and facilities of East End Neighborhood House, Cleveland, Ohio. Included are views of facilities, window displays, children, classes, groups at the Woodland Hills Housing Project, parties, polio inoculations, senior groups, sports, carnivals, nursery school scenes, and Camp Mather. Includes negatives, ca. 1950-1960, of groups and activities.
Identification:
PG 060
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English