Finding aid for the Gordon Park Photographs


Title:
Gordon Park Photographs
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Gordon Park
Dates:
1876-1975
Quantity:
0.40 linear feet (1 container)
Abstract:
William J. Gordon donated his estate at his death in 1892 to the city of Cleveland, Ohio. It became a public park with recreational facilities. In 1978, its lakefront section became a part of Lakefront State Park, administered by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Inland portions remained under the jurisdiction of the city of Cleveland. The collection consists of views of Gordon Park, Cleveland, Ohio. It includes views of the estate of William J. Gordon and the development of the estate as a Cleveland city park. The views include Doan brook, the harbor, beach, pier, lighthouse, and bathhouse.
Identification:
PG 237
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English