Finding aid for the Carabelli Company Records and Photographs


Title:
Carabelli Company Records and Photographs
Repository:
Western Reserve Historical Society
Phone: 216-721-5722
http://www.wrhs.org
Creator:
Carabelli Company
Dates:
1850-1999
Quantity:
14.20 linear feet (16 containers and 1 oversize volume)
Abstract:
Giuseppe (Joseph) Carabelli (1850-1911) founded The Carabelli Company in the late 1880s under the name Lake View Granite & Monumental Works. It was located at 12317 Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio, directly across from The Lake View Cemetery. The Carabelli Company operated under successive generations of the Carabelli family until the early 1970s when it was sold to the Johns (Iacobucci) family of Mayfair Memorials. The Lake View Cemetery contains a large number of monuments created by The Carabelli Company. Among its most recognized works at Lake View are the Wade Memorial Chapel and the Brush, John Hay, Rockefeller, and Steinbrenner monuments. The company also contributed to the creation of the Cuyahoga County Soldiers' & Sailors' Monument, and similar monuments in Elyria and Willougbhy, Ohio, and Muskegon, Michigan. The collection consists of agreements, birth records, blue prints, brochures, catalogs, certificates, a constitution, contracts, correspondence, court documents, deeds, directories, estimates, financial records, forms, indices, inventories, leases, legislation, lists, memoranda, newsletters, newspaper clippings, notebooks, obituaries, order books, patterns, programs, published books and guides, real estate documents, reports, sketches, tax records, templates, time books, tracings, and wills. The records also contain 685 black and white photographs, 24 color photographs, 70 negatives, 131 slides, and six audio tapes, and 13 cassette tapes.
Identification:
MS 5315
Location:
closed stacks
Language:
The records are in English, Italian, French and German